Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shared Branching is a happy surprise for one longtime CU member

This credit union member’s entry in our Share It Contest shares how she discovered the convenience of Shared Branching:

“I have been a member of my credit union for many years, maintaining my account despite attending college in another state, moving to another state for several years, and now settling in Maine for the past 3 1/2 years. Several weeks ago I stopped in to a credit union to ask about being able to use my CU debit card at their ATM without being charged the dreaded ATM fee. I was all too delighted with the outcome of my inquiry. I mentioned to the teller that I was a member of a CU in the state I'd grown up in; she confirmed the CU was on the Shared Branching network, asked for my ID and account number, then asked how much I wanted to withdraw. It took me a moment to register, but I happily walked out the door with cash in hand and no ATM fee charged to my debit card.

I'm so pleased that credit unions are working together to make using credit unions - no matter where they are located - just a little easier for their members! THANK YOU!”

-M.L., Vinalhaven

Spread the word about Shared Branching with your friends, and save them from unnecessary fees!

-Diana D., Maine Credit Union League

No comments:

Post a Comment