Monday, February 8, 2010

Shared Branching saves one members weekend

We know that Mainers love to share, and as part of out Share It campaign we are asking you to tell us what you love to share. Here is one members story:

Shared Branching Saves the Day!
“One month ago I was traveling down to Boston to see my brother and my vehicle broke down in southern Maine on New Year’s weekend. The company who came to get my car needed cash for payment and I didn't have any cash on me. I was not sure how I was going to be able to get cash and without a fee at a big bank. The other hold up was that I didn't have much money in my checking account for my debit card to work. I don't have access to my savings account by debit card or ATM card so I was stuck.

I then thought about the Shared Branching. I had been given a paper with all the branches in Maine who participate in SB by the associate at NorState FCU in Presque Isle when I opened my account. I looked on there and found there was a credit union nearby. I then proceeded to plug this credit union name into my cell phone where I got the address. I went inside late on a snowy day when they were just about to close and I took the money out of my own CU savings account.

The days that followed made me really pat myself on the back for switching from another local bank to a credit union. I feel as though I'm part of a little family, but yet with the ability to have access no matter where my travels take me. I'm very glad to be part of Shared Branching and I'm glad I'm a member of two Maine Credit Unions.”
- E.D, Presque Isle

-Jess H., Maine Credit Union League

No comments:

Post a Comment