Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shared Branching helped one member help a person in need

Mainers love to share, and credit unions are here to help. Here is one members story on how using Shared Branching helped them help someone in need.

“I, like many other hard working citizens, found myself in a rather precarious financial situation. A member of my church encountered an emergency situation that needed immediate attention. The person affected did not have the funds to take care of the emergency. A number of folks were rallying together to assist this person. I desperately wanted to help, but did not have the funds right at that moment. I shared this with my sister, and she understood that I desperately wanted to help, and wanted to help me. We brainstormed the different ways that $$ could be shifted from her to me, so that I could help. All of the brainstorming ideas failed to make funds immediately available. Then, suddenly, she said; “wait…do you use a credit union”? I replied that I did. She said that she remembered seeing something about Shared Branching at her credit union. She did some quick research and sure enough, her credit union and mine both had Shared Branching. She immediately went to her credit union and made arrangements to have $$ transferred from her credit union account to mine. The funds were available almost immediately. I went to my credit union, withdrew the funds and passed them along to the person who was overseeing the effort to assist the person in need.

Without Shared Branching, I wouldn’t have been able to help another person. Shared Branching helped a person, help a person, to help a person. What a wonderful thing!”

- P.W., Augusta

So whether you need money immediately because of an emergency, or just to make a loan payment when you're out of town, Shared Branching is here to make your life a little simpler.

-Jess H., Maine Credit Union League

No comments:

Post a Comment