Friday, November 20, 2009

In Maine, there’s always more reasons to give thanks

Here in Maine, we have much to be thankful for. Right now, we are thankful for the mild weather that has chosen to stick around, despite the fact that Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching. This is something truly rare, as I have many memories of putting on snow boots and ski pants to go next door to my grandmother’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. While (fingers crossed) I will not have to bundle up to make the journey to her house next week, I will have to travel much farther than next door, and make the five hour trip to Aroostook County. However, like for many in Maine, the importance of family and tradition far outweighs any distance. And thankfully, my credit union is part of the surcharge-free ATM network, SURF, so should I need access to cash at a moment’s notice, whether to buy a dog treats to pacify my dog in the back seat, or to pick up a forgotten ingredient, I know that I will be covered and my hassle-free trip and holiday will be worth many thanks.

-Diana D., Maine Credit Union League

No comments:

Post a Comment