Friday, March 26, 2010

What's More in Maine? Sharing!

As our Share It Competition comes to an end on March 31, we’d like to share a couple more entries that demonstrate the sharing spirit of Maine’s Credit Unions:

My favorite sharing moment occurred on a day in August when my two sons received prize money for their art entries at the fair. My youngest son received $12 and my older son received $10. Without thinking, my youngest son handed his older brother a dollar and said "now we have the same amount". This type of gesture, from either boy, is not rare. As their mother, it certainly warms my heart.

-B.P., Bowdoinham

-----------

My favorite Shared Branching moment was just last week when I was preparing to take my son skiing for the day on Friday. I was at home packing all the gear skis, boots, poles, snacks, camera, cash....oops! We all know skiing costs money. Big Money! It was already too late to go to a local branch and we were planning to leave at 6:30 AM. That's too early for my credit union’s hours. Then I remembered shared branching. Looked up the list and found a CU in South Paris. I was able to leave on time, make a stop to visit my Mom in Norway and hit the credit union for the cash need for our day on the slopes. If not for Shared Branching I would have been buying half day tickets and given my son a half day of fun!

Thanks Maine Credit Unions, for being consumer owned and oriented!

-S.T., Saco

----------------

There’s still time to share! Click here for more information, and to submit your entry by March 31. We’ll announce the winner online on April 2.

-Diana D., Maine Credit Union League

No comments:

Post a Comment